Do you know any man can get gynecomastia, and it does not have a single treatment for everyone? Well, that is right. Read on to learn 20 Interesting facts and Misconceptions about Gynecomastia that you didn’t know about.
20 Interesting Facts About Gynecomastia in Men
1. Gynecomastia is a condition characterized by the enlargement of breast tissue in males. A grade 3 gynecomastia takes the actual shape of a female breast.
2. It is caused by an imbalance of hormones, specifically an increase in the ratio of estrogen to testosterone. Any product with estrogen, including topical creams, can give you gynecomastia.
3. The condition can affect one or both breasts. Like the size of female breasts, the hormones causing gynecomastia can affect one male breast significantly more than the other.
4. Gynecomastia can be present at birth, during puberty, or in older adults. Since it is caused by hormonal imbalance, any man at any age can get it.
Any Man Can Get Man Boobs
5. Another interesting fact is the condition is relatively common, affecting an estimated 40 to 60 percent of males at some point in their lives. So yes, if you do not have it yet, watch out.
6. There is a misconception that only recreational drugs can cause gyno. In fact, certain medications, including antidepressants, anti-anxiety drugs, and heart medications, can cause gynecomastia. Unfortunately, you can treat one condition or illness and end up with gyno.
7. Alcohol and marijuana use can also lead to gynecomastia. Apart from giving you a hangover, alcohol can also give you gynecomastia. And marijuana can make you high, and when you come to your senses, you may not recognize your pecs!
Okay, it will not happen to you immediately, but at least after a few months of using it.
8. Other causes include testicular tumors, kidney failure, and hyperthyroidism. Anything that can affect your hormonal balance of testosterone or estrogen can give you gynecomastia. That includes you having tumors in your gonads.
9. The condition is not harmful but can be a source of emotional distress for some men. So yes, you cannot die from having man boobs. But you can die of shame if you go topless, at least on the inside!
Gyno Can be Painful in Some Cases
10. The breast tissue may sometimes be tender or painful. That is not interesting, but it can happen, especially if the hormonal imbalance is huge.
11. You can use a physical examination and blood tests to diagnose gynecomastia. So, like any other physiological condition, your blood will have tales to tell about it.
12. Treatment options include observation, medication, and surgery. Yes, “man boobs” can be stubborn, so you have to get them treated. Fortunately, you can treat gynecomastia within a day.
13. In most cases, gynecomastia will resolve independently within six months to two years. That is if you deal with the underlying issue. Otherwise, it can advance to stage four by the time you hit 60.
14. Surgery to remove the breast tissue is typically recommended for severe cases or those that have not resolved on their own. If you do not take up a simple treatment such as Gynetrix, surgery can become your only option later on.
Your Physician Can Recommend a Course of Treatment
15. It is important to consult a healthcare provider to rule out any underlying medical conditions that may be causing gynecomastia. That is right. If you do a pinch test and consider it a grade-three gynecomastia, consult a doctor.
16. Gynecomastia does not lead to breast cancer and cannot develop into breast cancer. Do not panic if you do a pinch test and feel lumps in there. Just consult your doctor if you are worried.
17. Gynecomastia can be a temporary or permanent condition. Yes, it is a two-faced monster. Hit it as soon as possible with gynecomastia treatment to drive it away.
18. The condition is usually benign but can be a symptom of more serious underlying health problems. Yes, it may have a feminine look, but it could spell a more serious condition. That is if you did not get it from being high or taking medication.
19. Gynecomastia is not a sign of feminization. That is right, you can even be pure muscle and bones; still, it may pop up in grade two or grade three gynecomastia. Still, it does make your pecs get that feminine appearance.
You can Treat Gynecomastia at Home
20. You can treat gynecomastia with different medications, including selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs), aromatase inhibitors, and gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonists.
Or you can also treat it with a good old healthy diet, exercise, and gyno supplements. But that works great for grades one and two of gynecomastia. The more advanced grades three and four need you to hit them with hormonal therapies. And, of course, surgery to hasten the treatment.
Interesting Facts about Gynecomastia
Those are the 20 Interesting facts and Misconceptions about Gynecomastia. We hope you know what to do in case you have it. Like any health condition, the earlier you deal with it, the easier it will be to manage it.